Monday, April 22, 2013

Summer :)

I am sooooooooooo excited right now!! I am so unbelievably blessed and encouraged. Last week I had three interviews with LeaderTreks for the intern position and.... I got the internship! I am going to be leading mission trips and developing student leaders all.summer.long. The interview process was tough, but really affirmed my desire to follow God's direction and showed me that I will be able to do this. 

Honestly, right now I don't know much about what I'll be doing. The only thing I know is that I will need to use my passport which is absolutely fantastic and means I'll be going overseas :) I have no idea how long I'll be gone either!

My job will be mostly to encourage, support, and develop the students' leadership skills. We will be doing work projects (possibly involving work with building/fixing houses or orphanages) and leading a local VBS program for the kids in the area. Working with students is something I LOVE doing. I love to be able to just talk and teach and encourage people. The best moment is when I know that they are really understanding some part of God's truth and it totally hits home with them. I am so excited to see kids learn responsibility, develop leadership skills, and grow spiritually while also getting closer with their team. I'm excited for myself to do the same! 

Most likely I will be in Honduras or the Dominican Republic which is AWESOME not only because I love to travel and will be able to rekindle the ole Spanish skills, but the fact that God is using me in such a cool place is honestly very encouraging and I'm really excited to serve Him this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment