Friday, August 3, 2012

Made for Eternity, Forced to live in Time.

Change sucks. Change is really really hard. For some people they are so afraid of change that they try never to do new things and avoid turbulence in their lives as much as they can. Others seek change because maybe they're afraid of permanence and commitment?

What I have come to discover in life is that change is hard no matter if it's mostly good or mostly bad.

This summer has been a huge time of change and growth and challenges. God has pursued me hardcore, and I have never felt more blessed or more excited about what God is doing than right now. I know that God has  drawn me closer to Him this summer and that I have gotten to see Him work in glorious and magnificent ways. God has brought people in my life who have challenged me and given me a glimpse of different aspects of Him that is so beautifully shown by different personalities and passions.

So now, it's time for this summer adventure to end. It is so hard to know that this community is separating, but I will always look back and have the best memories and will always have a place in my heart for each and every one of them. These relationships are meant to last forever. This world is broken and we are forced to live in a place where relationships don't last forever... when we were made for lasting relationships where we never have to say goodbye.

Tozer has some good stuff to say about this:

"To be made for eternity and forced to dwell in time is
for mankind a tragedy of huge proportions. All within us cries for life and permanence,
and everything around us reminds us of mortality and change. Yet that God has made us
of the stuff of eternity is both a glory and a prophecy yet to be fulfilled."

That last line leaves hope for eternity and seeing everyone in heaven and picking up in our relationships RIGHT where we left off. Seasons pass and people in your life come and go, but that's not how people were made and that's not how we'll be for eternity. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment